Jefa 100 series steering pedestal concept
With the 100 series pedestal Jefa Steering introduces a new style in classic pedestal design. The traditional "wine glass" shape is combined with modern lines into a beautiful pedestal design. The important accessories like the guardrail and the compass binnacle* are integrated into the concept. Due to this innovative design no mountings bolts are visible on any part of the exterior of the pedestal. The integrated compass offers easy and clear readings without the need of a separate binnacle. The 32 mm diameter stainless steel 316 guardrail is firmly attached to the pedestal head offering the best protection for the compass and pedestal combined with a strong support when moving around in the cockpit. The integrated powerful and progressive friction brake can be operated without putting one's hand through the wheel.
The 100 series pedestal concept has big advantages over existing similar concepts:
- All pedestal parts are machined from seawater resistant solid Aluminium 6082. As this material is also used for rudder shafts, it will not corrode, even when it's exposed by a surface damage. No casted aluminium parts are used in this pedestal.
- The robust powder coated aluminium base has no mounting holes for pedestal bolts as these are integrated in the pedestal deck flange. This avoids multiple weak points for damage with the accompanying corrosion and possible leaking.
- The input socket has no exterior mounting bolts for a stylish look and avoiding multiple potential corrosion and damage points.
- The robust guardrail is mounted directly to the pedestal head avoiding a top plate with mounting bolts with potential corrosion points.
- The compass binnacle is integrated in the pedestal design avoiding a set of mounting bolts with potential corrosion.
- The steering shaft is sealed by the Jefa developed PUR seal. Normal industry seals use steel reinforcement rings in the rubber housing. As the standard industry rubber will start to crack due to the UV in the sunlight, the steel rings will corrode and destroy the seal letting water in the steering shaft bearings with disastrous effects. The PUR seal will guarantee an life long sealing.
This Options is for Wire steering only, coming with a 13 teeth sprocket, height is 710mm and 800mm chain set.
NB - Compass and Wheel featured in picture is NOT included.
Jefa WP100 wire Steering Pedestal - 710mm height
- Brand: Jefa Steering Systems
- Product Code: WP101-71
- Availability: In Stock