Your shopping cart is empty!
The new version of the tiller lock maintains the rugged reliability of the original and brings the design fully up to date.
• New design suitable for any tiller steered yacht or sports boat.
• Simple mechanism allows tiller to be set and adjusted – indispensable for short-handed sailing.
• Innovative design incorporates snubber which holds far better course than simply lashing tiller.
A variety of methods for fixing or locking the tiller have been used over the years and many have only been adequate. Improvements in performance involving short keels and dagger rudders - often transom hung - suffer from an unfortunate handicap. With no skeg, no shelf, but with a sensitive rudder a boat will fall off her elegant balancing act if the helmsman lets go of the tiller. The increased sensitivity and faster response of newer boat designs calls for a better system. Such a system should:
1. Allow precise locking of the tiller with minimum difficulty.
2. Be quick and simple to operate when locking and particularly when releasing.
3. If possible, the system should be able to be detached instantly from the tiller in the event of any emergency.
The TILLER LOCK rope lock was designed to meet these points. The device consists of a sheave and lever cam with a toothed slider mounted in a block which is fitted beneath the tiller. The rope is fitted across the after part of the cockpit with a means of keeping it under tension. When locked on to the rope the toothed slider prevents the tiller from moving in either direction. Releasing the lock (by turning the lever to port) immediately frees the tiller and allows the rope to ride freely over the sheave for manual steering. In an emergency or when the device is not required, the rope can easily be snapped out of the block by a downward pull, clearing the tiller.
0 reviews / Write a review
Seasure Transom Packing Piece - 2 hole
Seasure 27.10 – Stay Adjuster Race developed for..
Seasure 6mm Dia Stainless Steel Drop Nose Pins