How does the Watt&Sea hydrogenerator operate?
The principle is simple: Watt &Sea hydrogenerator uses the speed of the sailboat to turn an immersed propeller. Like the dynamo of a bicycle rubbing on the wheel the propeller in contact with the water flow produces electricity. Energy production begins at a mere 3 knots of hull speed (Cruising model).
How to make Electricity while cruising in your sailboat?
High performances system for cruising or offshore navigation's and long distance crossings, in total energy independence.
The Cruising range is a clean and quiet system to produce electricity, especially adapted to yachtsmen, sailors and offshore navigations. Built in premium quality aluminium and with a nice design, Cruising hydrogenerators are light , robust, compact and easy to install. Delivered with fastening kit, 240 mm propeller, power convertor-regulator and lifting- fastening bracket.
With optimal output and minimal drag, watt&sea’s Hydrogenerator™ outclasses existing systems (wind turbines and solar panels), allowing you to navigate with positive energy and to recharge your batteries for worry-free mooring.
- High-grade Aluminum Construction
- Electronic Convertor
- Brushless Permanent-magnet Alternator
- Easy transom-mounting Lift Bracket
- Nominal output : 600W (48A in 12V) or 300W (25A in 12V)
- Start-up speed : 3 knots
- Voltage : 12V or 24 V
- Weight : 8 KG (3 KG convertor-regulator)
- Dimensions : Height - 116 cm, Width - 38 cm
- Aluminium leg : Delivered with convertor-regulator and 240 mm propeller
- Warranty : 2 years against manufacturing defects
Watt & Sea - Hydrogenerator
- Brand: Watt and Sea Hydro generator - Boat Power
- Product Code: Watt&Sea
- Availability: In Stock