How do I get back on board?
The TWO-IN-ONE multi-function SOS Recovery or Rescue ladder performs 2 types of recovery using just one product.
- Use rungs as a ladder
- Use entire shape to horizontally lift victim, 'parbuckle' recovery style.
The SOS Recovery Ladder answers the question for all boaters and makes for a good plan to get you back on board. If you either intentionally go for a swim , or fall overboard, most boats do not have a facility to get you back on board.
- SIMPLICITY & SPEED – easy and quick to deploy in minutes.
- OPERATED BY SINGLE PERSON – it can be rolled out and ready for use in less than a minute.
- ASSIST RESCUE – m ultifunction recovery/rescue ladder, able bodied crew uses ladder, injured or disabled crew can be horizontally lifted out w ith your block and tackle or halyard attached to bottom end lifting eye. The horizontal posture is im portant for a hypotherm ic victim.
- 4 ATTACHING POINTS IS THE KEY TO HAVING STABILITY OF THE LADDER – secure ladder to cleat, gunwale, stanchion base, padeye or other available strong points. This provides greater security and stability.
- VALISE: The compact bag is an integral part of the ladder. The ladder is incorporated and packed into high visibility neon yellow m esh bag that unfolds instantly.
- SIZE: folded compact is 500mm x 300mm (20 x 12 inches)
- WIDTH of steps 370m m (14 ½ inches).
- WEIGHT: Lightweight only 3.3 kilos (7.2 pounds).
- LENGTH: Deployed length of ladder is 2 ¼ metres (7 ½feet) enabling the MOB to step onto the lowest step with ease.
- STEPS: 5 steps to enable the crew to use his/her knees to control the ladder in the water to prevent falling under the boat. It has well-spaced rungs providing stable foot and hand hold.
- MATERIALS: Heavy duty wrap knitted polyester mesh.
- "SOFT" design, unlike typical boarding ladders, this mesh boarding ladder with lightweight rungs won’t clobber the victim when the boat rolls.
- SELF SERVICE – Rinse off, dry fold and place back into the integral zippered pouch. Dries quickly.
- BRIGHT RESCUE COLOUR – aids visibility.
- FOR SAIL OR POWER VESSELS – with up to 6 foot topsides, water to gunwale.
- TRANSPORTABLE – easily carried from boat to boat.
- QUALITY CERTIFICATIONS – A ll materials are certified and controlled under the standard quality ISO 9001 management system .
SOS Recovery or Rescue Ladder
- Brand: SOS Marine - Survival Operations Specialists
- Product Code: SOS-5656
- Availability: In Stock